Operation Knockout has completed over the weekend. On Saturday night, fans were treated to 11…
COVID-19 has wreaked havoc across the world for nearly half the year now, and it doesn’t seem to be coming to a stop any time soon. With all the usual stores, shops, restaurants, and attractions closed up or limited, it’s very easy to get bored. So, what do you do when you’re locked up at home or can’t travel to see friends? We have a few ideas for you.
Being outside is one of the best ways to stay active but keep a low risk for the coronavirus. Here are a few of our favorite activities.
- Go for a walk – Walking is a reliable outdoor activity that keeps you in shape and allows you to soak up some sun without having to endure large crowds. Take a hike through a classic path or not-so-well-known trail, and if you come across another person and can’t social distance, just put on your mask to stay safe.
- Take a bike ride – Going for a bike ride is another great example of getting outside without experiencing large groups or gatherings. You are also typically traveling fast enough that you don’t stay within six feet of anyone else for very long.
- Go fishing/hunting – Thankfully, animals can’t really get or pass on COVID-19, so there’s no harm in getting up early in the morning to catch your grub. Just make sure you have the correct license for the correct season, and you’ll be good to go!
Maybe it’s a little rainy, and you need something to keep your mind occupied indoors. Here are a few options.
- Do a puzzle – Go to your local store and pick up a 500-, 750-, or 1,000-piece puzzle. If you’re extra ambitious, you could go for those 1,250- or 5,000-piece ones. Just make sure you have the extra patience and time for it.
- Create a masterpiece – Get out some paint and a canvas and release your inner Bob Ross. If painting isn’t your thing, try doing other crafts. Pinterest is a great help to get ideas. Try woodwork, sewing, or even pottery.
- Play a family game – Whether it’s a board game or a videogame, try getting the family together for some fun and friendly competition.
If you are missing your friends, there are a few things you can do to get still your daily or weekly dose of them through virtual means.
- Plan a watch party – Netflix and Facebook, among other platforms, have created new watch party rooms in which you and your friends can watch a movie or show at the same time. You still get that communitive in-person feel, as you would at the Theater.
- Play online games – There are plenty of computer and videogames that are multiplayer games that you don’t have to be in the same room for. Search for free online games or download and set up a STEAM account to get started.
- Use video chat – If you need some time to chat, whip out a video chat tool. Just about every social media app has one these days. Not only will you be able to talk to them, but you’ll also get to see their lovely faces.
With these numerous ideas to keep you busy, you’ll never be bored during COVID-19 again. Go on a limb, branch out, and try something new. It could be fun, and you’ll make the best of your time stuck at home.